Awards and Scholarships
SNA now accepting 2018-19 Nominations!
SNA awards for Employee of the Year, Manager of the Year and Director of the Year are a great way to recognize a peer or employee. Nominations forms are on the SNA website and are on the SNA website. Each award has a word document that you can download now and use to gather information and prepare to submit your nomination. Employee, Manager and Director of the Year Awards are due by March 1, 2019- so you have plenty of time to prepare! Need help? Contact email@example.com.
2018-19 Director of the Year Award are due online or directly to the State President by March 1, 2019.* Submit the online nomination via this link. You may also use this word document to prepare your online nomination
In addition to the SNA Awards SNACT has Connecticut Only Awards! Click on the award names and the applications will download in word format.
Rising Star Award Director and Rising Star, Manager: 2 awards: One Rising Star Award will be given to a Food Service Director and one to a Food Service Staff Member.
Industry Member of the Year Award: for Industry Members who go above And Beyond!
Anniversary of Service Award The award will be given to school nutrition employees to mark 5, 10, 15, 20 or 25 years of service. This is your chance to honor your staff for the great work that they do. SNACT members and non-members are both eligible for the Anniversary of Service Award. (All Anniversary Award recipients are expected to attend the banquet and will be charged either the member of non member rate, depending on their status at the time of the banquet.)
Go for the Gold: our awards for Chapters!
Congratulations to SNACT's 2017-18 Award winners:
Director of the Year: Ernie Koschmieder, Groton
Manager of the Year: Sally Rish, Meriden
Rising Star, Manager: Ashley Onion, Meriden
Rising Star, Director: Jen Bove, East Haddam / East Hampton
Industry Member of the Year: Tim Thurston, Thurston Foods
Go for the Gold: Yankee and Mohegan Chapters
Congratulations to SNACT's 2016-17 Award winners:
Director of the Year: Maggie Dreher, Avon, Canton, Region 10
Manager of the Year: Susan Osborn, Montville
Rising Star, Manager: Kristina Crandal, Groton
Rising Star, Director: Erica Biagetti, Guilford
Industry Member of the Year: Bob Rosner, M&R Frosted Foods
Go for the Gold: Charter Oak Chapter and Yankee Chapter
Each year, SNACT sets aside funds for scholarships for SNACT members. These funds are to help SNACT members attend our State Conference.
SNACT gave 12 scholarships for members to attend our 2018 Annual Conference
- Be an active or an applied SNACT member. ( Applied members are those who can prove that they have submitted a membership application to SNA by the due date)
- Submit a complete application by the due date. Only completed applications will be considered.
- Only conference registration fees will be covered. (hotel, travel, meals, additional Highroller tickets are excluded.)
- Priority will be given to non-directors.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have not received a scholarship in the past 12 months.
- Payment will be not be made to districts.
- Applicants will not receive direct payment for their scholarship.
- In the case of partial scholarships applicants are only required to pay the registration fee not covered by their scholarship. Early bird rate will apply.
SNF Scholarships for SNA Members:
Scholarships and grants are available through the School Nutrition Foundation, the philanthropic sister organization of SNA, for active SNA members to:
For more information and to apply for a scholarship or grant, please visit: http://www.schoolnutrition.org/Scholarships